Translate

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Donkey and His Masters


The Donkey and His Masters

One day ,there lived a donkey with his master, a gardener .The donkey was lazy  and always complained of what he had got.
“How i hate this early rising !”said the donkey,with great yawn .”I wish i might sleep till sunrise .
Here i’am,hardnessed and ready to start to town before  the roosters crow.And why ?To take a little fruit and a few vegetables to market .Isn’t  that a follish reason for spoiling my dream’s ?”
The master was tried of  his Donkey  for  he never seemed willing to do his work.”I do hate  a donkey with his ear  turned  backward ,”he said .”He has no right  to complain for his work is really light ,and he gets to complain for his work is really light ,and he gets plenty of food and rest.”
One day a tanner came along .He  saw a strong donkey that the gardener was glad to sell him.”I hope  he will enjoy his new work,”said the gardener.”He never seemed quite happy with me.”
The tanner used the donkey to carry hides.These were heavy and bad –smeiling .They almost made him sick.
“oh ,dear !”the donkey groaned  one day .”I wish i were back with the gardener .The vegetables were fresh and i was  often  given  a cabbage leaf or a beet top.I did have to get out early to be sure,but i did not work late  .Here i must  work  early and late .And if I turn  out  of the road  to get  a mounthful  of glass ,i’am beaten soundly .I hate this work  and this place.”
The donkey was so ill-natured taht tanner sold him to a coal miner .He  was lowered into a coal mine,where he had to pass his time pulling  loads of coal.The mine was dark ,and he was kept very busy.
“This  is very bad ,”he cried .”I wish  I were with the gardener,or even with the tanner .Anything would be better than working in this dismal hole in the ground .”But there  he ended his unhappy life.
 

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nav menu


Mau buat buku tamu ini ?
Klik di sini